Monday, September 17, 2012

The healing continues...

As I headed into day 4 of my ptosis surgery recovery, I was starting to get restless. I hadn't been out of the house in days, hadn't been able to lift anything heavier than five pounds and was getting tired of watching cable, surfing the internet and reading books. Still, it wasn't like I could go out to dinner or go for a run. I couldn't work out for another couple of weeks and I would have my stitches for a few more days.

The swelling was finally starting to go down. I would use the frozen gel packs a few times a day still, even though I wasn't required to. I figured it couldn't hurt with the healing. The bruising on my eyelids remained the same but I did start to notice the bruises had developed under my eyes as well.

After staying with family for the first four days, I went home to my own apartment on the fifth day. I was on my own and had to be careful to remember not to lift heavy items or bend over. One challenge that I did not anticipate was the washing machine. When clothes get stuck in the back, I was tempted to reach down for them. Instead, I used a spatula to fish the clothes out of the washing machine. It was a quick fix but it worked.

There wasn't much that was new in the next few days. I was just hoping for a rapid healing.

Day 4

Day 5
 
Day 6

3 comments:

  1. Great outcome!! could you share what surgery was done for the ptosis correction in your case?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was ptosis surgery - or bilteral levator repair. Dr. Maale repaired the muscle, so this was not a cosmetic surgery in this case - it was medically necessary to correct my field of vision. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are looking for Best Blepharoplasty surgeon in India come to MedSpa. Dr. Ajaya Kashyap India's best plastic surgeon help you to make you understand all thing about Eyelid surgery.

    ReplyDelete