Monday, September 17, 2012

Days 2 & 3 of Ptosis Surgery

After the first day and night of ptosis surgery, I was exhausted from a lack of sleep. I couldn't sleep for long because I had to keep using the frozen gel packs every 30 minutes. And I had difficulty getting comfortable. The first few nights I tried sleeping in a recliner but I found that be really uncomfortable. Then I tried laying in a bed with three pillows, also uncomfortable. I finally tried sleeping on the couch, which was the most comfortable. Still, I was operating on maybe two or three hours of sleep a night. 

The bleeding and oozing had stopped by the second day, but the swelling was getting worse. It was all normal, according to the surgeon, and the frozen gel packs were keeping it from getting worse.

I was able to shower, albeit very carefully. It's tough to wash your entire body when you can't bend over.

Day 2 of ptosis surgery recovery
On Day 3, the swelling was about the same but now it was time for the bruising to begin. The bruising started on my eyelids all around the sutures. My eyelids looked like cooked bacon at this point.

Day 3 of ptosis surgery recovery

Day 3 closed
But I was feeling better. In fact, I even had a few visitors on the third evening after surgery. We had a few appetizers and some wine. It might have been too much sodium for me though because my eyes seemed a great deal puffier the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment