Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Ptosis Diagnosis

I always knew I had droopy eyelids and as the years went on, my eyelids seemed to droop more and more. In the summer of 2011, I visited my optometrist and she mentioned that my eyelids looked significantly worse and heavier than the previous year. She gave me a few referrals of doctors who could help with my ptosis condition but she said Dr. Kim Maale was the best.

Soon after, I called Dr. Maale's office and scheduled a consultation. All of the staff in Dr. Maale's office were kind, helpful and professional, and they all talked about how Dr. Maale was an artist who created a natural look. Dr. Maale herself was professional and sharp. She immediately comes in and starts assessing your eyes but yet she has a gentle nature.

Once my insurance approved the surgery, I was ready to schedule the surgery. Just one problem: my deductible was $3,000, something I was unaware of. I wasn't ready to pay that kind of money, so I postponed the surgery until I could come up with the cash. Then a month later, I received a new job with a much better insurance plan.

In the spring of 2011, I contacted Dr. Maale's office and started the process once again. Once my new insurance approved everything, I scheduled my ptosis surgery for July 18, 2012.

My before and after images

No comments:

Post a Comment